Sunday, May 26, 2013

Road trip to Idaho

After over 2,500 miles of road tripping in the old family minivan, I've made it to Stanley, Idaho!  Despite some very long hours in the car, it was a great time as I caught up with relatives in Detroit, former teammates in Boulder and Indianapolis, the Verry's in St. Louis (who hosted me for several months in Burlington when I was attending UVM in 2011), and a high school cross country ski teammate in Wyoming.  I also camped and hiked in the Tetons (without getting eaten by bears) and passed "the world's largest wind chime" and signs for the "largest prairie dog" in the plains.  Go figure.  Anyway, I am now in Stanley Idaho, at the base of the Sawtooth mountains, training to be a white water rafting guide.  I got in a couple runs  here on the Salmon river already and can't wait for the rest of the summer!
driving through kansas, almost 14 hours on the same road from St. Louis to Denver

following the oregon trail in Wyoming

Hiking by the tetons






sunrise over the tetons




Stanley, ID

Visiting the Verry family in St. Louis!

some mountain biking in Laramie, WY 

the old family van broke 200,000 miles as I started the trip

No comments:

Post a Comment