Monday, June 15, 2009

good to be home!

Travelling is a blast. I love going places I haven't gone before and racing all over the world. Buttttttt..... after 6 or 7 weeks away from home, I was pretty happy when I finally drove up the driveway again. World's Qualifiers went well for the team as we qualified both Nate and Lawson. I was 7th in the time trial and was able to help the team in the road race.

After returning home, I took a week off from riding. My coach reminded me that I had been training and racing pretty much flat out since I was able to walk reasonably well again in mid-january. It was definately time to recharge the batteries a bit. This was accomplished by a house-boating adventure with my family in the Thousand Islands. Although it rained a fair bit, and being stuck on a boat with your family for five days isn't exactly every 16-year old's dream vacation, I spent most of it sleeping or fishing, and actually had a great time. Being lazy is something that I never intend to get too out of practice at.

I'm now back on the bike and training hard. The next goal is Fitchburg, and after that a UCI 2.1 junior race in Kentucky, which may also qualify one more person for World's. Until then I'll be riding and racing hard and enjoying the short (but sweet!) Vermont summer. Hope you'll be doing much of the same!
And I didn't crash the boat! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment